Libby and Grace are second-year students at Nottingham Trent Uni. Libby studies Spanish and Mandarin, while Grace is a Media Communications and Culture student. We joined Organised Fun in January to do work placements as part of our degrees.
The placement’s offered us experience in event management and communications through planning the NSVAs. The National Societies and Volunteering Awards are an annual celebration of student volunteers and societies across the UK. They recognise the students who have gone above and beyond to support their communities by rewarding and showcasing their work. With more than 480 nominations across eight categories, this year’s virtual ceremony occurs on the 5th of May at 6pm, live from ‘The Tank’ at Coventry University.
The awards were founded in 2020 by Organised Fun. Here are the eight categories:
- The Development Award; projects which develop people’s skills and career prospects.
- The Extra-Mile Award; an individual that has overcome significant challenges.
- The Committee Excellence Award; highlighting committees that have exceeded expectations.
- The Community Award; applauding projects that have positively impacted communities.
- The Collaboration Award; showcasing student groups collaborating to accomplish their goals.
- The Event Award; student-led events that have made remarkable impacts or seen outstanding attendance.
- The Opportunities For All Award; rewarding an action that has inclusivity.
- The Wellbeing Award; promoting mental and physical health initiatives.
We know the true value of being a student; we improve our society, evidenced by the 480 nominations we’ve received this year from 75 different institutions.
The support that our student community has generated over the past year deserves our admiration and applause. So, come and support your peers and the amazing events and activities they have managed to coordinate during the pandemic.
We will be announcing our winners live and getting them to join digitally to give a speech.
Come along and support us. We cannot wait to see you there!