Still haven’t chosen what to wear for your big day? Don’t fret, we’ve got you covered.
The end of another academic year is approaching, which means for some of you, it's time to start adulting. Graduation is more than just an event; it's a day where you get to celebrate all the hard work you've done for the past few years!
1. Millennial Pink
Although "millennial" has a bit of a negative connotation, one thing you can't deny is that millennial pink looks amazing on everyone. It goes with most colours so you don't have to worry about it clashing with your gown, and when you inevitably take your ~golden hour~ photos, you can guarantee that you'll look bomb on Instagram.
- Rose Pink One Shoulder Crepe Overlay Midi Dress
- Pink Crepe Bardot Folded Detail Jumpsuit
- Elise Ryan Lace Dress With Bell Sleeve Detail And Chiffon Skirt
- JEWELER Slingback Shoes
2. Anything Pastel
Not a huge fan of pink? Any other pastel colour is super on-trend and flattering for all skin tones. Plus you can score an outfit in practically any kind of material, although personally, I'm a big advocate for floaty chiffon and patent heels.
- Pale Blue Bustier Split Hem Bodycon Dress
- Billie and Blossom Lemon Angel Soft Belt Midi Dress
- Lilac Patent Slim Block Heels
- Glitter Clutch Bag In Pastel Yellow For Spring Wedding
3. Jewel Tones
If you want to go big and bold for graduation, jewel tones are a great choice. It particularly looks fabulous on plus size gals, and it's easy to accessorise with too. Regal, luxurious, and quite frankly, instant bad (educated) bitch status. This one definitely calls for a silky fabric.
- SHEIN Crisscross Back Plunge High Low Cami Dress
- Emerald Green Strappy Satin Cowl Midi Dress
- Women's Silk Like Satin Stiletto Heel Pumps With Crystal shoes
- Faux Snakeskin Foldover Bag By Koko Couture
Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking. The legendary Miranda Priestly is right, but let's face it, florals look lovely on everyone! Try and subtly match your gown colour to the pattern so you can show some continuity and tie your look together.
- Pink Floral Tie Front Bardot Mini Dress
- White Floral Midi Dress
- Floral Embellished Clutch Bag
- Ted Baker Jewll 2 Heel Serenity
One trend that's been in throughout the year is anything with embroidery. It gives such a whimsical, fairytale vibe and with the right choice, it can make your outfit look way more expensive than it actually is. Go for something with beading or sparkly threading to add extra shimmer.
- Floral Embroidery Mesh Overlay Dress
- Embroidery/Floral 3/4 Sleeves A-line Midi Casual/Vacation Dresses
- Bijou Stitch Strappy Jumpsuit
- Embroidered Velvet Platform Sandals
6. Full-on Metallic
This one's for all my fearless females out there, ready to do the most when they're walking up the podium to get their diplomas. While you might think it's a bit too extra, the dark colour of the gown levels out the look so you don't end up looking like a cheesy disco ball.
- Lipsy Scatter Sequin Midi Dress
- Metallic Bandeau Midi Dress
- SHEIN Plus Size V Neck Iridescent Sequin Dress
- Rose Gold Metallic Block Heel Platform Sandals
- Opt for a block heel if you know you're going to be outside or on the grass. You want to look good but you don't want to be uncomfortable with blisters!
- This is one of the few times black clothes won't be your most trustworthy choice. Gowns tend to come in darker colours, so chances are you'll drown out your body shape if you wear black.
- If you're wearing anything strapless, invest in a good strapless bra! You don't want to be adjusting every 5 minutes.
- Always, always, always try on your outfit before you buy it! If you're shopping online, don't impulsively cut the tags off as soon as you open the parcel.
And remember, confidence is key.