See if your university has made it onto the list of Best Name, Most Random and more!
These eye-catching society names caugt our attention at Student Hut and we felt strongly that they deserved to go on a Best Names list because they really are quite witty!
- Stitch n Bitch, Leeds (similarly, Knit Like Your Nana, Sheffield)
- Here Comes Treble, Salford - This society hit the right note for this list
- G-Gnomes, Glasgow
- Bookie Monsters Society, Aberdeen - "Me love poetry...and cookies!"
- Mathletes, Aston
- Tea Enthusiast Army, Keele - You and what arm- Oh...
Best Charity/Volunteer Societies
Every universities has a variety of charities and volunteering opportunities which look great on your CV, whilst also allowing you to give back to society. We've chosen the most common charity and volunteer societies which we recommend you go and join!
Giving Blood is a great way to save lives. See how Nottingham donates to the cause.
Teddy Bear Hospital
most Random Society
Alongside our Best Names list, these really random societies couldn't go unnoticed! Maybe this list will inspire you to create your own random society!
- Kitten Heel Society, Glasgow University
- Hummus Society, SOAS - Who knew Hummus could be so interesting!?
- Pizza Party, Portsmouth University
- Extreme BBQ, Aston University - A normal BBQ isn't enough. Aston Uni makes them Extreme!
- Magic and Hypnosis, King’s College London
- Beekeeping and Preservation, University of West of England - Beekeeping hats off to those saving the bees!
Pretty much any Freshers' Fair you go to will have these societies. That doesn't stop you from taking part and having the time of your life at these societies!
Harry Potter Appreciation Society
Cheese tasting and Real Ale
Sounds most fun
Who wouldn't want to try out something that sounds super exciting!? Freshers' is all about diving into the fun and trying out new interests. Here's our list of some of the societies we felt looked the most fun.
- Falconry, Keele
- Quidditch at Oxford and Nottingham
- Dragonslayers, Queens University Belfast
- Zombie society, University of Westminster
Tell us if you think a society should be on the list or if we’ve missed any you think deserve to go on!
You may also like:
- The Stages Everyone Goes Through When They Start Second Year
- The Student's Guide to When Food is OK To Eat