The best way to celebrate the end of exams and the school year is to go on a summer holiday with your best mates. Just because you’re a student on a budget doesn’t mean a cheap summer holiday is off the cards. Here are the best destinations for students...
1. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Things to Do: From historical sites like the Anne Frank House to beautiful canals and parks to the home of Heineken Beer, there are plenty of things to do for a couple of days away.
- Travel & Accommodation: With flights from as little as £21, Amsterdam is the perfect destination for a weekend away. Even if you’re not a fan of flying, the Eurostar recently added a direct train to Amsterdam for only £42. Hotels close to the city centre can be expensive but Airbnb's are a good idea, especially if you’re going as a larger group.
2. Berlin, Germany
- Things to Do: By day, take a walk along the Berlin wall, spend a day on Museum Island, see the sights and galleries. By night, check out the abundance of nightlife venues and dance the weekend away into the weekdays.
- Travel & Accommodation: Flights usually start at around £59 which isn’t too crazy but there are plenty of cheap places to stay with prices starting from £20.
3. Zante, Greece
- Things to Do: Whether you go for the beautiful caves and beaches, or the insane nightlife along the main Zante club strip, you’re bound to have the time of your life getting drunk in a different club every night. With shots costing only 50 cents in some clubs, there’s a good chance you won’t remember the majority of this holiday.
- Travel & Accommodation: Flights are a little more expensive starting from around £125, but with hotel prices starting at around £18 and the drinks being extremely cheap, it’s definitely worth it.
4. Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife
- Things to Do: With plenty of beaches, a volcano, bars and a world-class water park nearby, this is a great sunny destination for a beach holiday with plenty of bars for bar crawls in the evenings.
- Travel & Accommodation: Flights are usually around £122 so not the least expensive on this list but the hotels are usually cheap, starting at around just £18 a night.
5. Magaluf, Majorca
- Things to Do: The main attraction for Maga is obviously the clubs and bars but there are plenty of beaches, water parks and amusement parks (such as Katmandu Park and Western Water Park) to keep you entertained if you’re not drinking.
- Travel & Accommodation: Flights usually start from around £27 and with hotels from £28, this is definitely an all-around cheap destination for a holiday full of partying.
6. Salou, Spain
- Things to Do: Salou is famous for its dancing fountains by its many beaches but also has a great nightlife and top-notch theme parks, PortAventura World and Ferrari Land, with record-breaking rides. There's also a water park, Costa Caribe, just down the road from the beach. Plus, the beautiful city of Barcelona isn’t far and makes for a good day trip!
- Travel & Accommodation: Flights are relatively cheap, starting from around £38 and with hotels next to the beach starting at £20 it’s a low-cost holiday from the offset.
7. Vienna, Austria
- Things to Do: There are many stunning sights to see including museums, parks and the Prater Amusement Park to name a few. It’s a beautiful city and has many great bars with surprisingly cheap drinks in most places.
- Travel & Accommodation: Fights usually range from £69 to £100 and hotels start from around £40 so it isn’t the cheapest destination on the list but the extra cost is worth it.
8. Budapest, Hungary
- Things to Do: Take a trip to the Budapest thermal baths, experience the culture in the museums, try some authentic Budapest goulash and to top it off, you can listen to George Ezra’s Budapest whilst in Budapest - because why not?!
- Travel & Accommodation: Flights to Budapest are relatively more expensive than some of the other destinations listed, starting from around £111. Hotels can start from around £18 but if you’re looking for a decent hotel you’re probably looking at around £70 a night.
Want a free flight voucher? Leave a review here on any part of your university experience to claim yours!