The evenings are getting lighter, the blossom is blooming on the trees, and the weather is getting a little warmer. It’s lush. But you can’t relax because EXAMS ARE ON THE HORIZON!
Believe me, we all get it. That sickly feeling of dread, nerves and fear as exams loom overhead. Teens and young adults the world over begin their yearly panic.
But it’s okay guys, here are 10 motivational quotes you need to hear to help you through this nerve racking period of time.
1. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m Possible’”
– Audrey Hepburn
First thing’s first… You. Can. Do. This.
It may seem horrifically scary and a daunting prospect to have to sit an exam, but you can do it. There is no need to panic, or worry, or fret.
Like every other person out there taking these exams, past, present and future, you will come out the other side, and whatever happens, you will be okay.
2. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
Exams are not for everyone.
You could be the brightest bulb in the box and still not shine as brightly in exams. The outcome of an exam will not define you and your intelligence. At all.
Always understand that if you struggle in one area, you’re not bad at everything.
3. “My advice is, never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” – Charles Dickens ‘David Copperfield’
Oh procrastination – every student’s best (or should I say worst) friend.
We can all relate to the continuous cycle of ignoring any responsibilities we may have, however this is no way to go into your exams.
One job done, is one less job to do. If you keep working through your revision, to-do list, and many chores, it’ll definitely pay off when you’re not cramming it in the night before.
4. “Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
This is really important. Please, please, please do not look at any of your mistakes and think you can no longer do this.
You can learn from those mistakes. You can improve.
Perseverance is key when it comes to working your way through that mound of revision.
I believe in you!
5. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same amount of hours per day that were given to… Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Di Vinci… and Albert Einstein.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
Every expert was once a beginner, but they would never have gotten to their level of expertise without any work put in.
Knuckle down, work hard, and the results will show.
6. “Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask.” – Albus Dumbledore ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’
(Yes I know it’s ANOTHER Harry Potter quote but who doesn’t love Harry Potter? It’s amazing)
Unsurprisingly, Dumbledore is right here.
Granted we’ll ignore the ‘Hogwarts’ part, but asking for help is the only way you’re going to get over any hurdles you encounter.
There is no shame in asking for help – how else would we all learn?
7. "You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it." —Maya Angelou
Learning from your mistakes is a very key part of helping you through your exams. Everything is a learning opportunity.
You didn’t do too well on a practice essay? See what you struggled with and learn from it.
These defeats are never really defeats, they are simply the steps to achieving.
8. “Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do” – Benjamin Spock
We all know the feeling of walking into an exam hall and instantly forgetting everything – even your own name.
But fear not, you will always know more than you think. If you’ve revised well, the information will be there and will come flooding back when you see the question.
9. “I haven’t started yet either…” – every student ever
This is perhaps one of the most comforting quotes ever heard to man (or student…)
The oh-so-typical “Mate don’t worry about it I haven’t started yet either.”
Nothing has ever sounded so heavenly when you’re stressed to the max and cramming your work in last minute.
Exams are stressful but they are not impossible. Put the work in and you will see the results. I could go on with what to say to you to help you through exams, but it’s all down to you, and I wish you the best of luck.
If you enjoyed this article, we think you'll love;