From card games to apps, there are many ways to get your pre-party off to a great start. Check out these drinking games to kick your evening off the right way!
We all know that getting drunk is fun - but getting drunk whilst playing games is even more fun! Drinking games are the ultimate way to get your pre-drinks flowing, so here are five suggestions to get ready for a great night out!
1. Ring of Fire
To play Ring of Fire you’ll need an empty pint glass and a pack of cards. Just lay the playing cards face down in a circle around the empty glass and take it in turns to pick a card. Each card has a meaning and you must act accordingly depending on which card you draw. Different people have different meanings for each card, but here is just one way you can play -
- Ace = Race. Choose another person and race with them to finish your drinks.
- Two = Double. Chose two other players and ask them to drink.
- Three = Hattrick. Drink three times.
- Four = Floor. Put your thumb to the floor and all players must follow. The last person to put their thumb to the floor drinks.
- Five = Guys. All guys must drink.
- Six = Chicks. All girls must drink.
- Seven = Heaven. Raise your hand, pointing to the sky. All players must follow and the last person to raise their hand must drink.
- Eight = Mate. Choose someone in the group and you both must drink.
- Nine = Divine. No rule, everyone just drinks.
- Ten = Category. Choose a category and then everyone in the group has to say something that fits in that category. The person who can’t think of anything or hesitates, drinks.
- Jack = Rule. Make up a rule that must be followed for the rest of the game.
- Queen = Question. Ask a question and the next person must answer that question with another question. Keep going around the group until someone replies with something that isn’t a question, then they drink.
- King = Fill the cup. Pour some of your drink into the empty pint glass. The person to draw the last king must drink what’s in the cup (good luck).
2. Never Have I Ever
This is perhaps the most revealing drinking game but definitely the funniest. Take it in turns to say ‘Never have I ever’ followed by a statement, and whoever has done what is said must drink. Try to think of the weirdest things possible to make this game as funny as you can!
3. Beer Pong
Arrange cups filled with beer (or whatever drink takes your fancy) into a pyramid at both ends of a table. Form two teams and try to throw a ping pong ball into a cup. If the ball lands in a cup, the person you’re playing against must down that drink.
A bit like Chinese Whispers but with a twist. Whisper a question to the person sat next to you and they must answer the question out loud. Anyone who wants to know what the question was must drink.
Download the Picolo app, enter everyone’s names and simply answer the questions or follow the instructions it gives you. Be prepared for some crazy ones, good luck!